Is Pelvic Health for Me?
Pelvic Health is not for everyone. Patients who seek a Pelvic Health rehabilitation specialist typically have issues with:
- Urinary Incontinence
- while coughing, laughing, sneezing or exercising
- inability to hold during strong urges
- Dysfunctions with urination
- Urinating more than 8 times a day
- Having difficulty initiating urination
- Feeling that they have not fully emptied their bladder after urination
- During or after bowel movements
- With sexual intercourse or difficulty with penetration
- Pelvic pain (vaginal, rectal or perineal)
- Pelvic girdle, buttock, low back or coccyx
What is Pelvic Health?
Pelvic Health is an area of physiotherapy which focuses on pelvic conditions.
Conditions common to pelvic health include:
- Urinary incontinence
- Lumbopelvic pain
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Perinatal Conditions
A Few More Details To Know:
The patient cost is $140 for assessment and $100 per treatment.
FAQ about Pelvic Health
1. Does your clinic do direct billing?
Yes, the clinics with AlbertaPT do direct billing if available.
2. Do I need a physician referral?