What is Spinal Triage?
Spinal Triage is a physio-medical evaluation process that assists patient’s access care for chronic spinal conditions. It is designed for patients where Primary and Conservative Care have failed to achieve the desired outcome.
Spinal Triage consists of an evaluation with a Spine Physiotherapist and Physician. The evaluation process will determine if the patient is surgical or non-surgical. Depending on the findings, the team may recommend:
- SPECT CT
Is Spinal Triage for Me?
Spinal Triage is for patients with chronic spine pain that are considering surgical intervention. Due to the limited access to Spine Surgeons, the Spinal Triage process determines if a patient meets the criteria for consultation. The Spinal Triage process is:
- Physician must send referral to Caleo Health
- Patient must complete online form
- Pre-Triage group consultation with physician
- Physiotherapist-Physician Triage evaluation
Common conditions for the program include:
- Chronic mechanical neck pain
- Chronic mechanical back pain
- Disc bulge/herniation
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Neurological symptoms
- Spinal Stenosis
To qualify for the Spinal Triage, you must be a resident of Alberta with a valid AHS card.
The patient cost for this program is $200.
Locations providing Spinal Triage
How to Make an Appointment with Spinal Triage
Access to the Spinal Triage is simple. To start the process,
FAQ about Spinal Triage
1. Does Spinal Triage accept all patients?
2. Do I need a doctor’s referral?
3. When should I hear back after completing the online form?
4. What if I am not surgical?
The evaluation looks at all medical options and will provide recommendations for other treatment types.