What is Car Accident Care?
Car Accident Care is a Care Coordination program that assists patients in navigating the MVA legislation. Its purpose is to provide information to patients and help them access the necessary care they need.
Car Accident Care works with a range of health care providers. By working with your care providers, Car Accident Care ensures you have all the information needed to make informed decisions. Some health care providers Car Accident Care works with are:
- Spine Physiotherapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Spine Physicians
- Sleep Medicine
- Intervention Radiologists
- Spine Surgeons
For patients where recovery after a Car Accident is delayed, further evaluation and diagnostic testing may be required. These tests include:
- Ergonomic Evaluation
- Home Evaluation
- Functional Evaluation
- Postural Evaluation
- Activity Evaluation
- Private MRI
- Sleep Level 1 Test
- Physio-Medical Specialist consultation
Is Car Accident Care for Me?
Car Accident Care is for patients who have been in a recent car accident and have identified yellow flags on assessments or have not achieved their pre-accident status at Week 12. Common issues this program assists with include:
- Chronic pain
- Focal Dystonia
- Tingling in extremities
- Neurological symptoms
- Disturbed sleep
- Difficulty with return to work
- Fracture (WAD 4)
To qualify for the Car Accident Care program, you must be a resident of Alberta with an open car accident file.
Program exclusion criteria:
- Car accidents which are over 24 months old
- Car accident claims which are not within the Alberta Motor Vehicle Accident legislation
- Injuries which are not caused by a Car Accident
This program is free of charge.
Locations providing Car Accident Care
How to Make an Appointment Car Accident Care
Access to the Advanced Car Accident Care is simple. To start the process, Email: MVA@albertaPT.com
FAQ About Car Accident Care
1. Does Car Accident Care accept all patients?
2. What can I do if I don’t qualify for the Car Accident Care program?
Car Accident Care will provide guidance on the next step you should take and other useful information.
3. Is Car Accident Care responsible for arranging my appointments?
No. Car Accident Care is not a concierge medical service.
4. Is Car Accident Car a Health Care Provider?
No. Car Accident Care does not provide direct Health Care Services. It assists only in providing information and facilitating the care process.
5. Is Car Accident Care a Legal Service?
No. Car Accident Care does not provide any legal advice. In matters of Medico-Legal, a lawyer should be consulted.
6. Does Car Accident Care provide Financial Services?
No. Car Accident Care does not provide Financial Services directly. Car Accident Care provides information only.